Sodium Acetate trihydrate,
SODIUM ACETATE 3H2O,
SodiuM Acetate (AS),
Crystal sodium acetate,
- 1) Sodium acetate is an alkaline salt, being the product of a strong base and a weak acid.Thus, its alkalinity, as well as its low price,makes it attractive in the neutralization of industrial mineral acids discharge.
- 2) In pest control, sodium acetate is under study for use as a component of nematicides.Nematodes may be drawn to sodium acetate as a kind of bait, even as pheromones can be used to draw certain insects.
- 3) Buffering agent in various industries (e.g. paper industry, cosmetic industry, petroleum industry,textile industry) as the conjugate base of acetic acid, a solution of sodium acetate and acetic acid can act as a buffer to keep a relatively constant pH level. This is useful especially in biochemical applications where reactions are pH-dependent in a mildly acidic range (pH 4-6).
- 4) Sodium acetate is used in the textile industry to neutralize sulfuric acid waste streams and also as a photoresist while using aniline dyes
- 5) In leather industry used as a pickling agent in chrome tanning.
- 6) In chemical industry used in the manufacture of diazo compounds
- 7) And in rubber industry to retard vulcanization of chloroprene in synthetic rubber production.
- 8) In processing cotton for disposable cotton pads, sodium acetate is used to eliminate the buildup of static electricity.
9) Sodium acetate is used to mitigate water damage to concrete by acting as a concrete
sealant, while also being environmentally benign and cheaper than the commonly-used
epoxy alternative for sealing concrete against water permeation.